Delaware’s school choice program is the vehicle by which parents can enroll their children in any public school in the state, provided the school has capacity and parents follow the school choice application process. Nationwide school choice research indicates that in areas with school choice programs, there is some increased persistence to a high school degree, decreased dropout rates, and increased parent and student school satisfaction (Education Commission of the States). Rodel supports the development of a high-quality school choice system for Delaware’s students and families by monitoring policies and working with partners across the state.
- Overview: School Choice (2015): This brief gives an introduction to school choice deadline, policies, and options in Delaware.
- Additional Detail on School Choice (2015): Data and information about school choice in Delaware and nationally.
- Delaware Public Education at a Glance (our “flipbook”) (2015-16): The research for 2015-16 includes information on student enrollment.
- Delaware School District and Charter Maps (2015): Maps showing the location of Delaware’s districts and charter schools.
Check out the Rodel blog for more information!
Other School Choice Resources
- Delaware Department of Education School Choice Program (2016): The Department of Education’s school choice website
- Statewide Review of Educational Opportunities (2015): This study provides an overview of the educational opportunities, access, availability, and enrollment available for Delaware’s students.
- Statewide Review of Educational Opportunities Interactive Map (2015): An interactive map of the educational program options in Delaware schools