Great school teachers and leaders are at the core of a world-class education. Research demonstrates that teachers and leaders are the most important in-school factors impacting student learning. This makes educator support and development one of the highest leverage policy areas impacting student learning.
Rodel has supported the state in learning from the highest performing school systems in the world and their intense focus on educator support and development. We have supported raising standards to enter the teaching profession in Delaware, and data reporting requirements for educator preparation programs.
We have invested in programs that recruit and prepare teachers and leaders with a specific commitment to serving the highest need students, such as Teach for America, RELAY Graduate School of Education, and Delaware Leadership Project.
Rodel also served as a partner in strengthening the state teacher evaluation system (DPAS II) by supporting the Teaching Excellence Framework—an alternative approach to teacher evaluation providing educators critical support and feedback that advances student learning.
- Educator Support and Development Policy Brief (2015): This brief provides an introduction to the issue, overview of the current landscape in Delaware, summary of how Delaware compares to other states and the nation, and links to additional resources.
- Additional Detail on Educator Support and Development (2015): Data and information about educator support and development in Delaware and nationally.
- Initiatives Underway (2015): This list provides an overview of many of the initiatives and resources that have been put in place to help support educators throughout the continuum of their careers.
- Delaware Public Education at a Glance (2015-16): Our Delaware public education resource guide features key statistics and information on Delaware teacher leaders, including: demographics, years of experience, educational attainment, compensation, performance evaluations, and turnover.
Check out the Rodel blog for more information!
Other Educator Support and Development Resources
- Delaware Department of Education website (2016): The Department of Education’s website has many resources on educator support and development in Delaware.
- Join Delaware Schools (2016): A website providing easy access to all vacancies in Delaware’s public education system.
- Delaware Department of Education’s Educator Equity Plan (2015): Delaware’s plan to ensure equitable access to excellent educators for all students.