Delaware public schools serve a diverse student population with complex needs and immense potential. Over the past decade there have been several big shifts that are increasing educational opportunities. However, equity gaps persist and global peers are getting better, faster.
The Rodel Foundation of Delaware works in partnership with policymakers, researchers, and educators on the ground to make policy changes that have a significant impact on student outcomes, like raising academic standards, using timely data to make decisions, supporting innovations in personalized learning, recruiting and supporting great teachers and leaders, and investing in our youngest learners.
- Delaware Public Education at a Glance (2015-16): Our Delaware public education resource guide features key statistics and information on Delaware teacher leaders, including: demographics, years of experience, educational attainment, compensation, performance evaluations, and turnover.
- Education Landscape Policy Brief (2015): This brief provides an introduction to the issue, overview of the current landscape in Delaware, summary of how Delaware compares to other states and the nation, and links to additional resources.
- Additional Detail on the Education Landscape (2015): Data and information about education in Delaware and nationally.
- Delaware Public School Governance (2015): This flowchart illustrates the governance of the K-12 system in the 2015-16 school year.
- Education Milestones in Delaware, 1990-2015 (2015): This timeline shows some of the major education milestones in Delaware over the last 25 years.
- Delaware School District and Charter Maps (2015): These maps illustrate the location of Delaware’s districts and charter schools.
- Delaware and National Education Organizations (2015): This is a list of many of the organizations in Delaware and nationally that are working to improve student learning.
- Educational Acronyms (2015)
- Opportunity Knocks: Assessing Delaware’s Education System (2005)
Check out the Rodel blog for more information!
Other Delaware Education Overview Resources
- Student Success 2025 (2015): The Vision Coalition of Delaware collaborated with 4,000 Delawareans, to create a plan that will prepare all students for a lifetime of success.
- Vision 2015 Plan (2005): A bold plan created by education, government, business and civic leadership, and citizens in Delaware to provide world-class public education for all students in Delaware.
- Delaware School Profiles (2016): State, district, and school level education data from the Delaware Department of Education.
- Delaware Department of Education mapping (2016): An interactive map for schools, districts, day cares and more; List of legislators by school district; Search feature to find your school or district.