Want to help improve Delaware public education? Here are some ways to get involved:
- Stay up-to-date: like us on Facebook; follow us on Twitter; read our blog; and sign up to receive email updates.
- Contact your elected officials to let them know you support world-class schools in Delaware.
- Donate to Delaware classrooms through Donors Choose, an online nonprofit with teacher submitted projects.
- Mentor! There are several organizations that facilitate mentoring relationships: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Delaware, the Boys and Girls Clubs of Delaware; Connecting Generations, and the Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League. The Delaware Mentoring Council promotes best practices and standards for mentoring, assists mentoring organizations, and recruits mentors.
- Run for a school district board.
- Serve on a charter school board or committee; Innovative Schools recruits and supports interested candidates.
- Join the Delaware PTA.
- Sponsor a teacher or principal to participate on a tour of model schools by contacting Innovative Schools.
- Teach For America’s Sponsor a Teacher seeks sponsorship to recruit, select, train, and support TFA teachers.
Looking for more? Visit our Education Organizations page for a list of nonprofits in Delaware that are focused on education, many of which are seeking volunteers, financial contributions, and board members. For more information or to make a connection, please contact Matt Amis, senior communications officer, at 302-504-5245.